Your main responsibilities will be
We are looking for a Data Migration Specialist with emphasis on ERP applications to join our challenging and dynamic work environment.
You are a highly detail-oriented specialist who deals with large, complex data sets, and is comfortable solving complicated technical problems as you converse with clients. You take pride in your work and have a proven track record of problem solving. You are passionate about usability and the technology that enables it. You organise your own work, innovate, take risks, and take ownership.
- Plan and develop data migration strategy.
- Co-ordinate with stakeholders in documenting business rules for data migration.
- Validate data structures and their functionality, completeness and accuracy.
- Document metadata from source systems to the staging data store.
- Gap analysis in the staging data store model.
- Perform the migration and testing
- Offer 2nd line support and consulting on an international level
- Provide an optimal service to our customers
- Analyze and solve the customers’ technical complex problems on Database level
- Scripting Data fixes
- Troubleshooting installation
- Installing script release
- Identify and isolate performance issues
- Work on Post-implementation projects together with other Consultants on special technical projects
- Collaborate with clients, teams and project managers
- Create and implement new workarounds
- Optimize implementations to assure maximum speed and scalability
Your interests and skills
- Applicants must currently reside in Japan
- Minimum 5 years of experience with ERP Software Implementation Projects
- Have an academic degree in either economics, IT or engineering
- Excellent business analysis and implementation delivery skills
- Experience leading technical and migration design sessions
- Install, deploy, validate and troubleshoot solutions, as well as influence outcome of design sessions to align with product best practices
- Experience running and managing complex data conversions with a deep knowledge of SQL and RDMS technologies, data extractions and reconciliation, ETL routines to process and move data.
- Experience with ETL tools (SSIS, Informatica, DataStage) are a plus
- Experience with reporting tools (Crystal reports, Business Objects…) are a plus
- Experience in scripting tools like C-code, UNIX scripts, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, XML or others
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as: JasperReports; JasperSoft BI; SRSS; Cognos; Crystal Reports; SAP Business Objects; PowerBI; Tableau; Qlik are a plus
- Have a strong interest in technical innovations and have a basic knowledge of business processes (financial and administrative processes).
- Attention to detail, and care about the quality of your work.
- Have a creative, but critical attitude and an analytical mind; you have the ability to understand needs and clearly translate them into solutions.
- Experience working with Agile approaches.
- Be a motivated team player, who is willing to take initiative.
- Fluent Japanese speaking, with a basic level of English being essential. Reading and writing Japanese is a plus.
- Willing to travel within Japan and Internationally.
Why work for Sofico?
Our company offers the opportunity to work in a growing, international, high-tech company, with career growth advancement in a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage personal development to fulfill your full potential, by providing training and coaching, and achieving the Investors in People standard.
Sofico continues to invest in solution innovations ahead of the market in fleet leasing, short term rentals, automotive finance, fleet management, mobility management, and equipment leasing. There is always something new and exciting to work towards.
- You will be based in our Tokyo office located in the centre of Tokyo in the Toranomon business district.
- We offer an attractive salary package in line with your knowledge and experience, including commuting allowance.
- Travel opportunities to work on implementation projects.
- 20 days paid holiday leave (pro-rata for your first year) to take when you want to, there is no forced leave / office closures. In addition 6 days paid sick leave. In addition to Japanense Official Public Holidays.
- Flexible working arrangements, such as working from home or remote locations. Standard 8 hour working days, Monday to Friday.
- Casual and open communication in the company. Business casual clothing style in the office.
- Evaluation cycles to promote personal development and growth.
- Opportunity to learn and expand your professional capacity.
- Company bonus and recognition awards.
- English / Japanese lessons if required.
- Virtual meeting rooms to communicate with remote offices around the world.
- Company activities, such as a weekend getaway, movie nights, sports events, karaoke.