Your main responsibilities will be
Throughout the year, Sofico offers internships within the Marketing and Communication department (Marcom).
The intern will be working as a specialist at Sofico’s Communications department in Ghent (Belgium). This will entail work in various Communication areas including Event Management, Media Relations, Internal Communications, Corporate Communication, Brand Management and Sponsoring.
- writes tightly focused, in-depth stories on a variety of business topics for company newsletters and publications
- will draft e-mail messages to employees
- help organize all-employee meetings and events
- supports the social media team in both content creation and analyses
- draft press releases
- create PowerPoint presentations
- help compile media coverage/reports.
- will be conducting market research and creating strategies to expand the product to new markets.
Your interests and skills
What is expected?
This opportunity is designed to provide hands-on experience while expanding professional acumen and enhancing academic studies.
- An education in Marketing, Journalism, PR, Communications or a related field is desired;
preferably on a University level
- Excellent English and Dutch communication abilities (verbal and written)
- Solid writing and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office; familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign) is a plus
How to apply?
Please apply for either a Marketing or a communication internship by providing us the following documents and motivation:
- Curriculum with education, previous jobs and other skills
- Motivational letter stating the main arguments for choosing our company and sector
- The preferred period of the internship
- Optional: a portfolio with previous campaigns, copy, …