Your main responsibilities will be
You take a leading role in our global contract management. You will be in charge of contractual briefings, issues, templates and procedures related to contracts (focus on customer contracts, but also contracts with partners, suppliers, service providers, employees, etc.). You will be responsible for the standardization of legal documents. In addition, you will stimulate and create awareness towards risks, contractual obligations and legal impact among Sofico colleagues.
Furthermore, you will manage legal disputes and litigation, anticipate and identify legal risks and ensure legal compliance.
You will manage all legal aspects of Sofico’s growth activities (e.g. set-up of new offices abroad, international partnerships).
You will be involved in corporate housekeeping, such as general assemblies and board meetings.
You will take an active role in internal audit projects (ISO-27001).
In this staff role, you will be a sparring partner with different departments: Business development, IT, Software development, HR, Finance & Accounting…
You will report directly to the General Manager.
Your interests and skills
- Holding a master’s degree in Law, you can look back on at least 10 years of relevant experience as a Legal Counsel, preferably in an international setting. You are a generalist with an expertise over several legal domains. We value experience in a B2B environment, if possible, completed with B2C practice.
- You show a keen interest in the IT industry, a background in a software company is an absolute plus.
- You are well-acquainted with contract law. Ideally you have gained experienced in GDPR, privacy regulations, …
- You thrive in a dynamic and international environment and enjoy building relationships with legal partners worldwide.
- You can work very independently and demonstrate a hands-on mentality.
- You excel in communication skills, both oral and written and you interact easily on different levels (colleagues, customers, external lawyers, …).
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. A good command of French, German or Spanish is an asset.
- A challenging job in a growing, international, high-tech company.
- Lots of opportunities to extend your expertise or broaden your scope.
- An attractive salary package in line with your knowledge and experience, including a company car and fuel card.
- An exciting career and the possibility to shape this new legal position at Sofico.