Your main responsibilities will be
As a Developer within Sofico you will be part of a dynamic team which has end to end responsibility to achieve its goals servicing our customers. The diverse task set of our teams will allow you to grow many of your competences being more technical, commercial, innovative, supporting or anything in between. Several opportunities await your enthusiasm and drive, during each of them you will be guided by field experts and motivated colleagues to ensure great results for you and our customers. There are always compelling and exciting projects to work on at Sofico varying over a wide range of domains and expertise areas:
- Developing new modules or enhancing existing components of our established ERP solution Miles.
- Working on our next generation service offering leveraging container technology.
- Building data architectures including adaptive visualisation components.
- Building cutting edge consumer facing web sites based on our application platform.
Depending on your preference there are opportunities to hone your skills in (but not limited to) following domains:
- Java EE7, Java8
- RDBMS (Oracle, SQLServer, MySql)
- OSGi, Jax-RS
- GWT, SmartGWT
- Angular 2, PrimeNG, JSF, PrimeFaces
- Kafka, StreamSets
- Docker, CloudFoundry, OpenShift
Your interests and skills
- Have a university degree (or equivalent), in IT.
- You are passionate about innovative software solutions for businesses and consumers;
- Have several years of relevant experience with ERP Software Implementation projects;
- Have a creative, but critical attitude and an analytical mind; you have the ability to understand customer / project needs and clearly translate them into solutions.
- Care about the quality of your work.
- Be a motivated team player, who is willing to take initiative.
- You have some experience working with Agile methods or Agile approaches
- Speak Business level Japanese fluently. Basic level of understanding in English is also essential. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Be willing to travel within Japan as well as internationally (up to 20%).
- Work in our offices in the center of Tokyo in the Toranomon business district.
- The opportunity to work in a growing, international, high-tech company.
- An exciting career with excellent growth opportunities and the possibility to develop your full potential, by providing training and coaching.
- An attractive salary package in line with your knowledge and experience, including commuting allowance.
- 20 days paid Leave (pro–rata for your first year)
- Social insurance.