Your main responsibilities will be
Would you like to be involved in challenging projects, technical innovation, the realization of new ideas or solving complex problems?
As Technical Consultant, you will be part of a dynamic multidisciplinary unit where motivation, creativity, openness and initiative are key. You will be based in Belgium (Ghent), but you might be involved in projects abroad (mainly within Europe).
You will be involved as of the project start to ensure you understand all work streams and the impact on your responsibilities. You will be working closely with customers and subject matter experts to analyze information, gather business & technical requirements, understand business process etc. As Technical Consultant you will have the opportunity to have a broad responsibility OR to specialize in one or two of the following domains:
BI & Datamigration
- You will plan and manage the data migration project, including migration risk management, estimate time requirements, monitor potential impacts, coordinate tasks & actions etc.
- You will perform source system data analysis and you choose for the best possible way to get data into the Miles system, taking into account consistencies, automatic numberings, mappings, links to other tables etc.
- You will perform the migration & testing from one system to another.
- You are responsible to deliver reliable and efficient BI solutions.
- You identify, understand and analyse the business needs with regards to Business Intelligence and translate these into functional and technical requirements.
- You design reports, build datamarts and ETL procedures when needed and you are responsible for the documentation.
Post go-life Support
- You will offer 2nd line support and consulting on an international level. Your main responsibility is to provide an optimal service to our customers.
- You will analyze and solve the customers' technical complex problems, this will include the following technical issues: SQL’s; technical issues: application server, db server (Oracle): installation-maintenance-troubleshoot-tuning; installation of machines-releases-patches etc.
- As most important contact towards our customers, you will ensure that the customer has a clear understanding of the next steps, therefore you will consult the customer on a regular basis and discuss priorities, timing, solutions,…
- You will be responsible for post-implementations projects and work together with Business Consultants during implementation projects on special technical projects such as data migration, shell scripting, database tuning, machine / environment / database installations, SQL scripting, etc…
- You will take initiatives to keep customers’ satisfaction very high.
- You will define test scenarios for new modules, write test-scripts and test new functionalities - therefore you will have to acquire an excellent knowledge of the leasing business and our product Miles. You will support and inform colleagues about new functionality issues.
- Release management: you will contribute to the planning of the code stop to ensure the on time delivery of the new version.
- You will monitor the development process; consult analysts to guarantee the right interpretation of functionalities.
- You will guarantee the quality of Miles: document and follow up bugs, ensure escalation to the Developers, test the debugs...
- Document: you will review documentation of analysts, provide functional documentation; provide test scripts and summary reports.
- You will analyze the client’s requirements and translate them into a configuration solution, make functional analysis for gaps concerning interfaces, reporting and map the needed data.
- You will determine the most efficient, effective and user friendly implementation solution for the defined needs; in the area of consistency, performance and maintenance and in line with the standards.
- You will configure the functional solution and/or manage the configuration.
Your interests and skills
- You have a Master or bachelor degree in IT, engineering, economics or equivalent.
- You are fluent in English & Dutch; knowledge of French or another European language is a plus.
- You are stress-resistant, flexible and eager to learn.
- You have a client-focused attitude; you are dynamic, creative, service-oriented and have excellent communication skills.
- You are a problem-solver and have a strong analytical mind.
- You act with determination; you are an excellent team player, but also able to work autonomously.
- Experience with ERP software and requirements analyses is a plus.
- You are prepared to travel (depending on the role up to 50%).
- Depending on your ambition you have a strong background in one or more of the following domains:
- SQL, Unix/Linux and relational Databases, knowledge of Oracle and/or XML is a plus
- Software testing and/or development;
- Experience with data migration and a variety of tools such as: C-code, UNIX scripts, Java, SQL, Staging tables and/or any other tool is a plus. Experience with multiple business intelligence tools such as JasperReports, JasperSoft BI, SRSS, Cognos, Crystal Reports, BO,... is a plus. A good understanding of relational databases.
- You have a strong experience and knowledge of accounting-, financial- or business processes, knowledge of leasing- and fleet management is a plus and combines this with a strong technical interest.
- At Sofico you will get the opportunity to work in a growing, international, high-tech company.
- We provide ongoing training and coaching to build and extend our people's skills.
- We offer an attractive salary package in line with your knowledge and experience, including a company car.
- You will get excellent growth opportunities within a challenging and dynamic work environment.