Your main responsibilities will be
Sofico Services Japan is part of a world-wide group. The headquarters are placed in Ghent (Belgium), with offices in the United Kingdom, France, Netherlands, Germany, Mexico, Japan, and Australia. Sofico was founded in 1988, with more than 30 years’ experience in the leasing and fleet management industry. It is a private company with more than 260 dedicated employees, of which 60 are based in the Asia Pacific region.
Our core business is developing, implementing and maintaining Miles, the second-generation product that enables our customers to face the challenges of the Mobility, leasing and fleet management industry today.
A strong vision and a well-thought-out strategy make Sofico a healthy, forward-looking company. We are a specialist company and we focus on the finance, leasing, rental, fleet management and mobility industry alone. Our products have always been related to this industry, so we know its specific challenges and how to help our customers deal with them.
Sofico Services Japan KK was established in 2011 and has been active in Japan leasing and fleet management industry since the Japan office opened in Tokyo during 2012.
We are looking for a Test / QA Engineer to work closely with our Business Consultants and Developers, testing our deliveries and improving our test process on our ERP application to join our challenging and dynamic work environment.
You take pride in your work and have a proven track record of problem solving. You are passionate about usability and the technology that enables it. You organise your own work, innovate, take risks, and take ownership.
- Define functional test scenarios for new modules, write test-scripts and test new functionalities. You will have to acquire an excellent knowledge of the leasing business and our product Miles.
- You will support and inform colleagues about new functionality issues.
- You will help your colleagues in improving the quality of the process from intake to process and safeguard the proper application of what was agreed upon (from quality of specifications to quality of testing and documentation).
- Release management: you will contribute to the planning of the code stop to ensure the on-time delivery of the new version.
- You will monitor the development process; consult analysis to guarantee the right interpretation of functionalities.
- You will set up and maintain test scripts for test automation.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders, including the internal team in Japan and across the globe.
Your interests and skills
- Currently reside in Japan.
- Have at least 2 to 5 years of experience in (functional) software testing.
- Have an academic degree in either economics, IT or engineering or similar.
- Have experience with structured testing, test techniques and test methodologies (Tmap, ISTQB certified,…).
- Have experience with test management and test automation tools.
- Have a strong interest in technical innovations and have a good knowledge of business processes (financial and administrative processes).
- Attention to detail, and care about the quality of your work.
- Have a creative, but critical attitude and an analytical mind; you have the ability to understand needs and clearly translate them into solutions.
- Experience working with Agile approaches.
- Be a motivated team player, who is willing to take initiative and ownership of your own work.
- Fluent Japanese speaking, with a basic level of English being essential.
- Are stress resistant, flexible and eager to learn.
- Willing to travel within Japan and Internationally.
In the first week You will
- Onboard and integrate into Sofico
- Meet colleagues in our Development, Consultancy and Operational teams to begin your onboarding journey.
In the First Month You Will
- Learn about our software.
- Get to know Sofico in Motion and our culture.
In the First Three Months You Will
- Build relationships with our project teams and begin leading project pursuits.
In the First Six Months You will
- Independently collect, analyze and document testing processes and results
- Communicate effectively with clients and internal teams to formulate functional requirements
- Be proactive about new development and innovation initiatives
- Be proactive with customer requirements and improvement opportunities
In the First Year You will
- Have established your expertise in quality assurance
- Set goals beyond your comfort zone and broaden your field of expertise in various technological areas
- Contribute to continuous learning through training, mentorship and coaching activities
Why work for Sofico?
Our company offers the opportunity to work in a growing, international, high-tech company, with career growth advancement in a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage personal development to fulfill your full potential, by providing training and coaching, and achieving the Investors in People standard.
Sofico continues to invest in solution innovations ahead of the market in fleet leasing, short term rentals, automotive finance, fleet management, mobility management, and equipment leasing. There is always something new and exciting to work towards.
- You will be based in our Tokyo office located in the centre of Tokyo in the Toranomon business district.
- We offer an attractive salary package in line with your knowledge and experience, including commuting allowance.
- Travel opportunities to work on implementation projects.
- 20 days paid holiday leave (pro-rata for your first year) to take when you want to, there is no forced leave / office closures. In addition 6 days paid sick leave. In addition to Japanense Official Public Holidays.
- Flexible working arrangements, such as working from home or remote locations. Standard 8 hour working days, Monday to Friday.
- Casual and open communication in the company. Business casual clothiing style in the office.
- Evaluation cycles to promote personal development and growth.
- Opportunity to learn and expand your professional capacity.
- Company bonus and recognition awards.
- English / Japanese lessons if required.
- Virtual meeting rooms to communicate with remote offices around the world.
- Company activities, such as a weekend getaway, movie nights, sports events, karaoke.